Terms and conditions:
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the rooms or close to the entrances of the rooms. A charge of £100 for deep cleaning will be made if there is any evidence of smoking in the room.
- We reserve the right to charge for any damage to the rooms or soft-furnishings.
- The bottles of hand wash, hand lotion, shampoo and conditioner in the rooms are refillable so please do not take them with you otherwise a charge will be added to your bill.
- Lost keys will result in a £50 charge.
- There is an information folder in each room and we expect guests to read this on arrival as it contains important information.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- The full cost of the room is required at the time of booking.
- A booking once accepted is a legal commitment.
- If a cancellation is made more than 60 days before your arrival date then the full amount will be refunded less £10 to cover charges.
- If a reservation is cancelled within 60 days of the arrival date, the whole amount will be retained unless we successfully re-let to another guest.
- Once a booking has been confirmed any request to change the date of the stay will be treated as a cancellation and the new date will be treated as a new booking to which this cancellation policy will apply.
- If at any stage we cancel a booking we will refund all monies taken but will not be liable for any amount greater than the value of the booking.
- Cancellations must be made via email and confirmed by us so we have a record of the communication.
- We advise that all guests have their own travel insurance and book their ferries/flights well in advance as they can get booked up early. The cancellation policy still applies if ferries or flights are missed or cancelled.
The fire is laid before guests arrive and there is one basket of firewood included. We also supply matches and a small supply of firelighters. More wood is available to purchase. Guests are asked not bring their own fuel for the fire.
Uig Community shop (open all year round Monday-Saturday 9-5) is a short walk and has an excellent range of groceries, off-licence, post office, fuel pumps, cash machine and is owned and run by the community with profits re-invested into the local area. Further afield in Stornoway there are quite a few independent butchers, fishmongers, Tesco and co-op.
There is always salt, pepper, olive oil, tea, coffee, sugar, tin foil, cleaning supplies, washing up liquid, bin bags, toilet roll, hand soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. There are hairdryers in every room. Iron and ironing board on request.
Yes absolutely. From November – March we offer a lower rate and there is a sliding scale all year depending on how many nights you stay.
We do not provide a daily housekeeping service but for bookings 5 nights or longer there is mid-week cleaning included. Guests are encouraged to contact us at any time if they require anything or if something needs attention.
We can advise on trout fishing locally which is always available during the trout season. We do not offer tuition or have rods or equipment for hire. Occasionally we can also offer salmon fishing on the Fhorsa system and if this is something you are interested please contact us directly for available dates before booking.
Everything or nothing! There is a comprehensive welcome pack in each room which includes a map of local walks, information on things to see and do on the Island, boat trips with Seatrek, places to eat and drink. Or relaxing and recharging with your feet up! Visit Outer Hebrides website also has lots of ideas.